Centipede Press has a gorgeous new collectors' edition of McDowell's Blackwater series. From the Centipede website:
"This edition has a fine new introduction by Poppy Z. Brite. McDowell was at the height of his powers when he wrote Blackwater, a six-part novel about the powers exerted by the mysterious Elinor Dammert over the citizens of Perdido, Alabama and her ghastly and inexplicable ability to use water to gain her hideous ends.
Each numbered set is signed by Poppy Z. Brite, Patrick Loehr and Paul Wedlake. The signature page appears in the back of Book One. The edition is limited to 250 copies for sale. Sample page spreads appear below. Much beloved by fans, this definitive edition of an undisputed classic is sure to sell out very fast."
- Six volumes in a slipcase.
- Limited to 250 sets, signed by Poppy Z. Brite, Patrick Loehr, and Paul Wedlake.
- Introduction by Poppy Z. Brite.
- Each book has an individual dustjacket.
- Illustrated endpapers.
- Rare photographs of Michael McDowell.
- Reprinted covers of the original Avon paperbacks.
- Gorgeous, silky, two-tone cloth slipcased lined in black.
- Color and black & white illustrations throughout.
- Head and tail bands, ribbon markers in each book.
Visit the Centipede Press website here.